Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The taximan's story

1) What is the irony in the story?

A: The irony is that the taximan has no respect for those young girls, and keeps complaining about them, yet he is still so willing and eager  to fetch them to Elroy Hotel, Tung Hotel and Orchid Mansions where such services are provided.

2)What are the themes raised in the story?

A:They are of the youngster's degrading moral values these days compared to in the past and       about their atrocious activies these days

3)How realistic is this story?

A: I feel that this is a very realistic story as all these are happening in Singapore these days. There are many such news reports on these ten's atrocious activities these days and yes, teenagers nowadays are very materialistic, as said in the story.

4)What do you think of this taximan? Do you feel sympathy for him?

A: I feel that this taximan is very contradictory and is very greedy for money. I do not feel sympathetic towards him, as he punishes his daugther for lying to him and leading a double life. However, in order to earn money, he does not care about the other peoples actions and is willing to send them to Hotel Elroy and such places.

5)Do you agree with his lamenting?

A: No, I do not, af if the taximan is truly concerned about the lack of moral values in youngsters nowadays, then why is he still providing opportunities for these young people to engage in these immoral activities?

6)What about the other characters in this story? Do you feel sympathy for them?

A: I feel sorry for the madam in the taximan's taxi as she has to listen to the taximan's lamenting all day long. She must have realised what a double sided man this taxi driver is. On the other hand, I do not feel sympathy for the taximan's daughter at all as she knows that her father trusts her on having a meeting at school but she abuses his trust and engages in those immmoral activities instead.

Thank You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home